Prosecution Witness Aruna Gbona testified about the following:
– command structure of the RUF in connection with the forced labour of civilians;
– forced labour of civilians in relation to farming (cultivating rice, coffee, cocoa and the production of palmoil), fishing and hunting in Talia and Kailahun town;
– forced labour of civilians mining diamonds in Yundohun and Monfitor;
– agegroups of the rebels: boys as young as 8, 9, 10 years old carrying guns;
– illnesses as a result of the war: hernia (adults forced to carry too havy loads) and oedema (children lacking sufficient food).
At 4.30 p.m. the Court was adjourned until tomorrow 9.30 a.m. when the Prosecution will continue the examination of Witness Gbona. A daily summary will be posted later today.